When it comes to COVID-19. The health and safety of our employees and guests means the world to us. We have implemented and practice the industry’s most rigorous cleaning and sanitation practices and follow every state and county guideline in order to improve our efforts and safeguard all of visitors and staff. These include:
How is La Mesa protecting employee and guest health?
La Mesa uses the following methods to ensure protection of Employee and Guest Health in the workplace:
- A copy of procedures was shared with each employee.
- All employees have been told not to come to work, if ill.
- Employees receive a thermal temperature scan prior to beginning each shift.
- A health survey is conducted with each employee prior to each shift.
- Face coverings are worn by all staff who interact with the public.
- Mandatory employee handwashing and sanitization occurs regularly.
- Restrooms, door handles, tables, chairs, employee breakrooms are disinfected frequently. Our outside tables and chairs are all stainless steel, allowing for easier sanitization and cleaning between guest stays.
- We utilize a Hobart commercial grade dishwasher which superheats glassware to above 180F for disinfection per county health requirements. All glassware is cleaned with this machine.
- We have an electronic guest check in procedure for safe contact tracing – a representative of each household’s name, phone number and email address is captured. This information is kept on hand for at least a month in case of an emergency requiring us to reach out to each guest.
- We require guests to wear face coverings when checking in, walking to their table, getting up from their table to anywhere on the patio, restrooms, parking lot, etc.
- All tables are spaced so that all members of separate groups can maintain six feet of distance from each other.
- A reservation system is used to prevent people from gathering and staggered seating times are used to control traffic flow.
- Tables are limited to not more than 6 people.
- Checkouts are done at tables, rather than inside the tasting room, with purchases brought to the tables.
- A contactless payment system is used (iPads +mobile credit card readers with tap) and encouraged.
- The outdoor seating area has been expanded to increase social distancing.
- The number of employees serving an individual party is limited to one employee, when possible.
What precautions do I need to take when visiting your facilities?
La Mesa has posted signage to ensure education of the public at each public entrance of the facility and restrooms to:
- Wash hands or use sanitizer upon entry to our facilities.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet.
- Wear face coverings while moving from their seating and when not tasting wine.
- Stay home if they are ill or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
What is being done to sanitize and disinfect the facilities?
La Mesa uses the following methods to increase sanitization and disinfection:
Each guest is given their own wine glass, water glass and set of tasting carafes. We do not pour from bottles into wineglasses, to avoid touching a used a glass per health guidelines.
- All glassware including water carafes from a table is cleaned and sanitized in our Hobart commercial dishwasher which heats to 180F+ per health county requirements.
- The wine tasting sheet used by a guest is disposed of.
- Wine tasting flight boards, labels and pens are sanitized after each use.
- No self-service buffet style food is offered.
- After guests leave a table, the table and chairs are sanitized
- High contact touchpoints, such as door handles, iPads, credit card terminals, etc. are cleaned and disinfected, using a disinfectant effective against COVID-19.
- Touch free motion detectors are used to turn on lights in restrooms.
- Paperless high-speed dryers with HEPA air filters are used to dry hands in restrooms limiting paper waste and contamination.
I have a safety concern. What should I do?
If you have any concern about COVID-19 safety protocols and practices at our facility, please contact us immediately:
La Mesa Vineyards
Tel: (209) 245-3388
Email: info @ lamesavineyards.com
Thank you for supporting us in our efforts and helping us stay safe! We're in this together.